Friday, October 22, 2010

The First Punk Generation President

It recently occurred to me that Barack Obama, our would-be Saviour and Benifactor, is about the same age as me...and that scares the bejesus out of me.

If you are close to my age too (I remember installing a new under dash 8-track deck in my truck in high school--that should tell you where I fit into the baby boomer generation) you already know that we were in grade school at the beginning of the "Social Engineering and Experimentation" phase of education in America, when just about every half-baked theory and left-leaning rubric, if you'll allow me to use the current jargon, was foisted on us by a the "experts" of education (with generally dismal results, in my opinion).

"Competition is bad for our little whelps. In order to prove how much we care about them, we need to nurture their sense of self-esteem and eliminate individual achievement," seemed to be their mantra.

(Hmmmm...sound remotely--well, marxist, doesn't it? I wonder where that influence came from? But I digress.)

The result of this was that over the past we as a nation have been raising an expanding percentage of arrogant punks from adolescence into adulthood.

Fast forward 40-odd years, and cue Barack Hussein Obama (Mmmm-Mmmm-Mmmm!)  During the campaign Obama's self esteem began to appear from behind the curtain of pseudo-modesty constructed by his handlers and the legacy media. Since his election, the modesty curtain has completely evaporated, and the true extent of his collosal ego has become clear.

Writing two books about himself before he actually accomplished anything should have warned the country what we had in store.  But who could imagine someone so utterly devoid of decorum and humility that they would give the Queen of England an IPod--like you can get at any Wal Mart--pre-loaded with his own speeches!  He backed up that spectacular failure of grace by giving Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister of England, a few Wal-Mart quality movie DVDs (that were copied in the wrong format for Great Britain).

Now I'm just a hick from the sticks, and about as far removed from the Ivy league-Gentry Class as you can get, but even I can understand how completely clueless and classless that manuever was. 

And that was only the beginning.  Over the past three years, the embarassingly inappropriate displays of hubris have only multiplied.(See here, here, here, here, and here for just a few examples of the many available.)

Which makes me wonder:  What is it going to take for Obama to come back and tread the earth with all of us mere mortals? 

With any luck, the results of the mid-term elections might be a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment